"Tenor Brian Skoog enlivened the role of Tamino with a lovely vocal quality and a strong voice that consistently sailed above the thickest orchestral accompaniment."
- Robert Rollin, Cleveland Classical (Tamino in Die Zauberflöte)
"The evening’s most impressive voice belonged to Brian Skoog, who poignantly portrayed Goro, Butterfly’s marriage broker, with resonant, ringing brilliance. He made a lasting impression."
- J.D. Goddard, Cleveland Classical (Goro in Madama Butterfly)
"Solid-toned suavity and formidable technique"
- J.D. Goddard, Cleveland Classical (Tito in La clemenza di Tito)
"Skoog not only sang with dramatic refinement but was also utterly convincing."
- Mike Telin, Cleveland Classical (Aeneas in Dido & Aeneas)
"Brian Skoog cooked up a delicious portrayal packed with wicked details."
- Donald Rosenberg, The Plain Dealer (The Witch in Hänsel und Gretel)